About

An Independent Veterinary Practice based in Keighley, West Yorkshire.

Aireworth Vets comprises of a dedicated team of qualified vets and nurses, animal care assistants and administrators.

We have a long running history of high quality care for animals in both Yorkshire and Lancashire.

As a practice we offer a wide range of services from routine healthcare, x-rays, endoscopy, ultrasound and emergency medicine through to advanced surgical procedures.

You can enjoy the convenience of the practice being open 7 days a week and the reassurance that we nurse our in-patients on-site 24 hours a day.

Aireworth Vets is RCVS Tier 2 (General Practice) accredited for both small animal and equine. This indicates that the practice has passed regular independent inspections by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.

Practice History

Timeline

1844
03/10/1844

1844

The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons was founded.
1877
04/10/1877

1877

Three registered Veterinary Surgeons resided in Keighley: George Carter at Townfield, Samuel Seed at Victoria Avenue, Percy Brownrigg at Skipton Road. George Carter was the Senior Veterinary Surgeon and is considered to be the founder of our Practice.
1910
04/10/1910

1910

Hubert Holland became a Partner.
1912
04/10/1912

1912

George Carter retired.
1944
04/10/1944

1944

George Bargh became a Partner.
1951
04/10/1951

1951

Hubert Holland retired, George Bargh left to run a family business in Lancashire and Murdo Ferguson joined the practice.
1952
04/10/1952

1952

Donald Campbell became a Partner together with Murdo Ferguson.
1956
04/10/1956

1956

Murdo Ferguson sadly passed away following an accident whilst treating a horse. George Crabtree became a Partner and continued to run it with Donald Campbell.
1962
04/10/1962

1962

Michael Green became a partner having moved to the Practice in 1958.
1970
04/10/1970

1970

Donald Campbell left to work for MAFF (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food) and was succeeded by Thomas Russell.
1971
04/10/1971

1971

George Crabtree retired & was succeeded by Leonard Greaves.
1986
04/10/1986

1986

Colin Thomson became a partner and the practice changed its name to Green, Greaves & Thomson.
1989
04/10/1989

1989

The partnership was expanded when Mr Green’s son, David Green, became a Partner.
1994
04/10/1994

1994

Aireworth Vets was born when the Partners designed and commissioned the new premises located on Aireworth Road.
1999
04/10/1999

1999

Michael Green retired and was succeeded by current Partner Matthew Butterell.
2004
04/10/2004

2004

Leonard Greaves retired and was succeeded by Nicola Green.
2009
04/10/2009

2009

David Green left the practice to work for the VDS (Veterinary Defence Society) and was succeeded by our current Partner John Millar.
2015
04/10/2015

2015

Nicola Green left the Practice & was succeeded by our current Partner Peter O’Hagan.
2017
04/10/2017

2017

Colin Thomson retired leaving the three current Partners.
Home » About