Flock Health Planning
Some of the things that may be discussed are:
- Vaccinations such as Heptavac-P, Lambivac-P, Footvax, Toxovax, Enzovax and Scabivax
- Worming control in accordance with the sustainable control of parasite system (SCOPS)
- Fluke and fly control within the flock
- Feed control married with periodic condition scoring of ewes
- Routine measures taken for prevention and control of foot problems e.g. examination, trimming, foot-bathing
- Lambing management, lambing areas and the lambing procedure itself
- Mastitis in the flock
- Identification and traceability of the flock and measures put in place for any sheep with incorrect identification
- Biosecurity of the premises including isolation facilities and stock proof fencing
Our vets are also happy to advise on a month to month calendar to include worming, vaccinations and lambing dates.
Please ring the practice on 01535 602988 if you would like more information or to arrange a Flock Health Plan.