COVID-19 UPDATE 7th Jan 2021
Following the recent Government’s announcement in relation lockdown restrictions.
We would like to update you on our practice protocols and reassure you that we will continue to be here for you and your horses during the pandemic.
We will continue to provide visits as well as 24-hour emergency cover as we have done throughout the pandemic.
If we need to re-schedule any visits we will contact you directly.
It is vital that we maintain the safety of our staff (and in so doing our clients), and so we are requesting that the following COVID-safe protocols are followed at all times.
1. We ask that all clients ensure a minimum distance of 2m between clients and vets/nurses is maintained throughout the visit/appointment at the surgery. Our vets/nurses will ask you to move away if they feel this is being breached. Please don’t be offended by this. It is for everyone’s safety. Please also wear a mask at ALL times. Our vet team will also wear masks and appropriate PPE.
2. We also kindly ask that only one member of your household attends a vet visit/appointment at the surgery.
3. If you are showing any signs of coronavirus (cough, high temperature, or change of taste and smell) either contact us to rearrange your appointment or make alternative arrangements for someone to handle your horse that has not been in contact with yourself.
4. All horses should be tied up upon the vets arrival at visits and we will ask that you remove yourself from the area maintaining a 2m distance throughout the visit.
If you have a needle-shy horse or they can’t be tied up for any reason please make the office aware on booking and we can arrange a vet to call and discuss the most appropriate way to proceed to ensure to make your visit COVID-safe.
5. Our vets will sanitise on arrival at your yard and again when leaving so they are sanitised between visits.
6. Payments can still be made on the day – ideally by card where possible.
Please be advised that if you do not respect the vets/nurse’s requests. they will leave the yard in order to maintain their own safety, the safety of our team and of our other clients.
This is a stressful time for all of us and, as always, we thank you for your patience and for your help in getting through this pandemic safely.